Lost in the sea of social media advice and advertising tips? Find guidance from the experts as we share some of our favorite voices among Twitter's top social media strategists.
Every day hundreds of inexperienced people create a website, refer to themselves as social media gurus or ninjas and put out low quality content, causing confusion and wasting your precious time. For the busy entrepreneur, you don’t have time to read the junk – access to the highest quality content needs to be fast and easy, right? If you love using Twitter and are looking for the best of the best social media advice for your business, you need to be following these accounts.
- Amy Porterfield @AmyPorterfield – Amy Porterfield is the co-author of Facebook Marketing for Dummies, and runs a successful online business, offering everything from helpful blogs to free webinars and podcasts to paid training programs, specifically for small business owners. She is a delight to watch (and listen to) and provides her audience with actionable steps that are easy to follow.
- Mari Smith @MariSmith – Mari Smith is a super upbeat, bubbly Facebook marketing expert who blogs, runs free webinars and offers marketing courses with advertising expert, Dennis Yu. As author of the book, The New Relationship Marketing: How to Build a Large, Loyal, Profitable Network Using the Social Web and contributing author for many more, Mari offers some of the best content you’ll find about online relationships and Facebook marketing.
- Agents of Change @agentconference – The Agents of Change Conference Twitter handle is run by digital marketing expert, Rich Brooks, CEO and traveling speaker. From upcoming tech trends to which tools are the best to use for saving time and money, Rich and his team are experts at understanding SMEs needs and marketing strategies.
- Social Media Examiner @smexaminer / Michael Stelzner @Mike_Stelzner - Social Media Examiner is an online social media magazine that teaches business owners the ins and outs of using social networks, blogs and podcasts to build brand awareness. Social Media Examiner was founded by Michael Stelzner, who is the author of Launch and Writing White Papers, and is the host of SME’s popular Social Media Marketing podcast and the man behind the Social Media Marketing World conference.
- Jeff Bullas @jeffbullas - Ranked #8 on Forbes’ “The World’s Top 40 Social Marketing Talent” in 2014, Jeff Bullas is a hyper-known writer, strategist and public speaker. Jeff’s first book Blogging the Smart Way – How to Create and Market a Killer Blog with Social Media has made its way onto several best-selling lists on Amazon.
- Jay Baer @jaybaer - Jay Baer combines a well-rounded knowledge of marketing and customer behavior with undeniable passion and intoxicating creativity. The New York Times best-selling author of Youtility, Jay is an in-demand keynote speaker that helps business owners to think about their business in a whole new way.
- Keri Jaehnig @kerijaehnig - Keri Jaehnig is a social media consultant and the founder and CMO of Idea Girl Media, an international social media marketing agency. A blogger and author of two books - The Jerry Maguire Guide For Social Media Professionals and Let’s Get Social: What Does That Really Mean? – she leads others through the sometimes rocky landscape that is social media.
- Social Media Today @socialmedia2day - Social Media Today is the online merging of industry-leading experts and thinkers creating original marketing news content. It is one of the most comprehensive social media marketing communities publishing daily content about virtually every major social network, as well as commerce and PR guidance.
- Heyo @heyo - To build the social media fan-base businesses desire today, it’s all about the contests and giveaways. Heyo is a ‘drag and drop’ online campaign builder and editing tool that takes the guess work and hassle out of creating alluring Facebook contests, promotions, and deals that are proven to drive traffic, generate new leads, and increase sales.
- Pam Moore @PamMktgNut - A self-proclaimed ‘social nut’, Pam Moore is a social media marketing expert with 15+ years of corporate business experience and was ranked by Forbes as a ‘Top 10 Social Media Power influencer’ in 2012 and 2013. Pam is the founder and CEO of Marketing Nutz, a full service social media agency that helps startups and Fortune 50 companies develop their brand and increase online visibility.
- Jon Loomer @jonloomer - Jon Loomer is a self-taught online marketing expert who blogs about daily tips and breaking news to help his readers become better Facebook marketers, bloggers and successful business owners. He clearly breaks down every aspect of Facebook advertising with easy to follow, clear and concise writing.
- Kristi Hines @kikolani - Kristi Hines is the freelance writer and social media strategist behind Kikolani, a blog that teaches professional, business and personal bloggers marketing strategies and tips that translate into increased traffic and engagement. Her weekly newsletter highlights top posts on content, search, and social media, as well as outsourcing tips and recommendations on the best online marketing tools.
- Edmund Lee @EdmundSLee - Edmund Lee is a one-man social media consulting and marketing powerhouse. His approach to marketing revolves around his belief that ‘in order for a business to truly flourish, it must touch the lives of its four primary influencers (customers, employees, vendors, and investors)’.
- Guy Kawasaki @GuyKawasaki - With the largest Twitter following (1.4M!) of anyone on our list, Guy Kawasaki is the chief evangelist of Canva, an online graphics-design business, and is also the author of numerous books. With real-world experience advising Motorola in the past, he has the experience, passion and know-how to guide your social media marketing strategy.
- Ben Parr @benparr - Last, but definitely not least, is Ben Parr – an award-winning writer, entrepreneur and public speaker. Co-founder and Managing Partner of DominateFund, author of Captivology: The Science of Capturing People’s Attention (due out in 2014), and a former editor and writer Mashable, Ben possess a unique ability to see the potential in new technology and business.