Once upon a (recent) time, eBay offered a helpful service called eBay Valet. This allowed people with an eBay store to request a free shipping label to send their items to eBay Valet. Valet would take pictures and post listings for the seller, deducting a percentage of the listing fee and final valuation fee. But recently eBay nixed a few mobile applications, including Valet.
So does that mean you should walk away from eBay? No. On the contrary, you can still sell on eBay (and make a tidy profit) with your Volusion store.
How to Sell Your Stuff on eBay with a Volusion Store
Picture it: you have a ton of items in your attic, basement or garage that you want to sell. Or maybe, you have a new startup and want to reach millions of potential customers. When you open a store on Volusion, not only can you sell on eBay, but you can make higher profits (without all the eBay fees).
Here's how it works…
Set up a Free Trial for a Volusion Store
Volusion offers a 14-day free trial with no credit card required, and you can cancel anytime. That way you can set up your store and start selling online. Additionally, our US-based customer service team is available 24/7 for any questions you may have. eBay Valet may have been discontinued, but you can still sell with a company that has your back.
Using eBay with Volusion
Make it You. Make it Personal.
Maybe you've seen a site on Instagram for skateboard gear, a funky designer sunglass website or a denim website that sells hip jeans and cool tees. Volusion offers several themes that can let you personalize your store the way you want, while still letting you sell on eBay. It's a win-win.
With Volusion, you'll have all the necessary ecommerce features you need including:
- Inventory management tools
- Payment collection apps (like Stripe and PayPal) and shipping assistance tools (like Shippo)
- Unlimited merchandise display options
- Customization tools to personalize your store
- Seamless connections to share your products on Pinterest
- McAfee Shield security features
- 24/7 access to ecommerce experts that specialize in marketing, web design, and tech support
Built-In SEO Tools
Because Volusion stores come out of the box with features you need — like Google Analytics and AdWords — you won't feel left in the dark about how to market your business or offer customers discounts and run promotions.
Setting Up Your Store on Volusion to sell on eBay
For starters, you're going to want to
Here are a few more tips to help you out:
Find a Theme for Your New Store
When you start thinking about themes, consider your products. A few examples include:
- If you're selling jewelry, you'll want a template with models selling jewelry like Lock + Key.
- If you're selling the best pressed coffee online, for high-quality imagery, try a minimalist template like Drip.
- If you're selling clothing online like tees and shorts, to showcase your product line, try a fresh template like Malibu.
At any time if you need help, you can reach a live expert at (888) 750-3996.
Customizing Your Store
Once you find a site you like, you can start customizing your store with the easy-to-use site builder features. These can help you build your ecommerce store like a pro (even if you've never used coding before — and the good news is you don't have to).
With the helpful features, you can:
- Customize your page layouts and add testimonials, social media or videos
- Use in-page editing (that's if you want to add your own special touches)
- Add site searches (to help your customers find what they're looking for)
- Grow your business with SEO assistance, keywords and helpful links
- Follow the prompts to start selling on eBay
Store Pricing (After Your Free Trial)
Now that you've got accustomed to your store layout, it's time to think about the features that you will need for your business.
Volusion offers different pricing plans that include:
- Personal - $29/month with unlimited products, unlimited storage, online support, and secure checkout
- Professional - $79/month with the aforementioned plus abandoned cart reports and phone support
- Business - $299/month with the aforementioned and priority support, a dedicated success team, and free one-on-one setup assistance
- Prime - Custom pricing with all the aforementioned features and executive Slack support to help drive your ecommerce business
Just because eBay Valet has been discontinued doesn't mean that selling online has to be difficult. Volusion makes it quick, easy and effective to sell on eBay with your online store.