It’s been our pleasure serving you and your online business throughout this exciting year. Read on to learn about some of our accomplishments for 2012, along with what’s scheduled for the months ahead.
It’s hard to believe that 2012 is already coming to a close, but here we are, looking back at another year filled with opportunity and excitement. And although our team experienced a great amount of change over the past 12 months, one thing has remained constant: our extreme passion and dedication to helping you succeed online. So before we dive into our recap, let us take a moment to pause and say thank you for allowing us to power your online business. We don’t take that trust lightly, and are honored to be a part of your budding business presence.
The past year has brought a tremendous amount of growth to our team, both from a staffing and customer perspective. The best part of this growth, however, is that we’ve seen our customers share in our success. Here are some of our favorite highlights:
- Our platform currently powers more than 40,000 stores for both small and large online merchants, more than a 50% increase compared to the previous year
- Over the last year, our customer base processed $2.6 billion in revenues, with the average Volusion customer processing over 3x in revenue than the industry average
- On Cyber Monday, Volusion customers sold 28,641 products per minute, up 32% from last year
- Throughout the Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend, our merchants saw a 42% increase in traffic to their stores from 2011 to 2012, along with a 10% increase in revenue
Of course, this type of growth can’t take place without providing the tools needed for you to succeed. Here’s a look at some of the product and technology enhancements we’ve made:
- Integrated and partnered with Google Trusted Stores to help you earn a Trusted Store badge for your website
- Also integrated with schema.org to help increase the amount of product information and video thumbnails that are displayed in organic search results
- Introduced several other integrations to directly connect your store with Pinterest, along with other social media and email services
- Partnered with industry-leading companies including Constant Contact, MailChimp, FedEx, Moo and LegalZoom
- Introduced a new software version, V13, which includes an eBay integration, Google star reviews and tablet-ready admin panels
- Successfully increased our total network capacity by 10x, which led to measurable improvements in stability and reliability and produced a 33% lift in your site’s performance
- Invested over $10 million in a state of the art data center that will be introduced over the next year. This data center is among the most redundant, connected, geographically-stable and secure data centers in the world.
And finally, to keep up with the pace and continue to provide the best service possible, we’re expanding the Volusion family at a rapid rate, bringing on the best and brightest to fuel our efforts:
- We’ve added 158 new roles since Q1, with employees coming from top companies like Google, Groupon, Zynga and Apple
- Brought on VP of Information Technology, Steve Krebsbach, to lead the IT and Operations teams. Krebsbach is responsible for engineering and operating our cloud infrastructure and ensuring we exceed our SLAs.
- Hired Derek Willis as General Counsel. Willis was a partner at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Appointed our third Board of Directors member, Timothy J. Barker, who serves as the CFO and Treasurer for RealPage, Inc.
- We also doubled our IT staff over the course of the year, all of whom are dedicated solely to the security and performance of Volusion stores
Beyond our growth, we continue to be a great place to work. We were again recognized by the Austin American Statesman and Austin Business Journal as a Top Workplace in our vibrant city. And even more exciting, we recently moved into productivity-boosting facilities that occupies over 75,000 square-feet of office space. These two moves reinforce why we were recently named a top 10 private business job creator within the US software industry by Inc., and the #8 job creator in the state of Texas.
Our CEO, Clay Olivier, puts it best: “We’re adding key roles to our organization, continuing to attract top talent and positioning teams to help us create industry-leading products. This growth supports our vision of helping business of all sizes successfully sell online.”
Despite the achievements we’ve made over the past year, and the aggressive plans we have for the future, we’re fully aware that none of this could be done without you. Thanks for being such a valued customer and for inspiring us to continue pushing forward to make ecommerce a viable option for anyone who wants to succeed online.
We wish you and yours the very happiest of holidays, and send the best of luck your way for the upcoming year!