“Like” us on Facebook to help donate over 12,000 meals the the Capital Area Food Bank of Texas and support those in need!
Volusion is excited to partner with the Capital Area Food Bank of Texas (CAFB) in Austin to provide 12,500 meals to hungry individuals and families. Our hope is that 500 Facebook fans will help us with this goal. All you have to do is “like” our Facebook page and you’ve done your part!
Here are a few staggering numbers on hunger in Central Texas that might grab your attention:
- About 48,000 different people receive emergency food assistance from CAFB in any given week.
- CAFB serves nearly 300,000 people each year.
- 41 percent of CAFB clients are children.
- 95 percent of CAFB partner agencies say they could no longer serve their clients if the Food Bank shut down tomorrow.
- More than a third of CAFB’s older clients go for extended periods without food.
- 1 in 5 families served by CAFB experience the physical pain of hunger.
- Almost half of CAFB clients have at least one working adult at home.
- Almost half of the families CAFB serves have to choose between buying food and paying utilities.
- 82 percent of CAFB clients are not homeless.
(Source: Hunger in America 2010: Central Texas Report )
The mission of the Capital Area Food Bank of Texas (CAFB) is to nourish hungry people and lead the community in ending hunger. Since 1981, CAFB, in collaboration with more than 355 partner agencies, has been helping Central Texans in need by providing healthy food, nutritional program assistance and education, so they can make better choices at mealtime. In the past 12 months, CAFB distributed more than 25 million pounds of food to 300,000 Central Texans in its 21-county service territory. For more information on the Capital Area Food Bank of Texas and its programs, visit www.austinfoodbank.org or call 512-282-2111.
It’s time to get to work and help those in need! Head over to our Facebook page now and “Like” us. Already a fan? Thanks! Now tell everyone you know to support this worthy cause.