On the internet, industry insights, news and tips are at your fingertips. Here are the top business blogs every entrepreneur should be reading.
Every entrepreneur should strive to stay on top of industry information; as a small business owner, it’s especially important to understand the modern business landscape. You should make sure you have as much information as possible when making decisions that will affect the future of your online business.
So how do you arm yourself with relevant business information and advice? Blogs are an excellent way to get the essential news, tips and resources you need to run your small online business – for free!
Here are some awesomely useful business blogs to follow on a regular basis:
1. MashableWith a mix of breaking news, thought-provoking opinion pieces and a small dose of memes and internet humor, Mashable (particularly Mashable Business) is a one-stop shop for any online entrepreneur. We check it every morning to get our daily dose of what's trending in the digital world. Just try not to let yourself get distracted by all the fun "watercooler" type pieces in the sidebar.
2. Fast CompanyNot only is Fast Company's site incredibly visually appealing, it's also mentally appealing. Its creative, compelling articles and case studies are wonderful ways to learn about entrepreneurship, design, technology trends, industry influencers, and so much more.
4. TechCrunchThis fun site is all about tracking startups, new technologies, internet products and, of course, breaking news in the tech and business worlds. TechCrunch is especially valuable to entrepreneurs in the gadget/mobile/internet gear space, or anyone enthusiastic about those topics. They also launch exciting events throughout the year.
5. VentureBeatPriding itself on capturing the latest news in disruptive technology and written by a team of experienced journalists, VentureBeat is a great resource for all things tech. It's particularly good for providing perspective on how the latest industry developments affect your life and business.
You're the Boss is the New York Times' small business. Focusing on "the art of running a small business," you can find all sorts of useful business articles, news and guest blogs here.
LinkedIn's blog is that you can customize it to fit your precise interests. For example, a female entrepreneur interested in marketing and business travel can follow LinkedIn Today's Entrepreneurship & Small Business, Business Travel, Marketing Strategies and Professional Women "channels." You can also choose to follow myriad influencers such as Richard Branson, Mark Cuban and Martha STEWART.
8. Chris BroganChris is another author and writer who holds a high level of expertise in marketing and frequently speaks on social media. Thanks to his very conversational writer's voice and unique opinions, his blog is a delight. He also posts a fair number of selfies.
Duct Tape Marketing blog is no different. Enjoy guest posts from all sorts of business and marketing experts, as well as a big library of free ebooks.
Marketing Profs is an industry leader when it comes to marketing blogs, and their small business section is particularly useful for any entrepreneur. If you're looking for SMB tips, tricks and success strategies, this is the blog for you.
With these 10 resources (plus our very own Ecommerce Authority!) on your side, keeping up-to-date in the world of business will be a snap. Have other can't-miss blogs you follow on a regular basis? Feel free to share them in the comments!