On the internet, an endless source ofindustry insights, news and tips are at your fingertips - but how do you know which are worth reading? Here are the top business blogs every entrepreneur should stay on top of.
1. MashableWith a mix of breaking news, thought-provoking opinion pieces and a small dose of memes and internet humor, Mashable (particularly Mashable Business) is a one-stop shop for any online entrepreneur. We check it every morning to get our daily dose of what's trending in the digital world. Just try not to let yourself get distracted by all the fun "watercooler" type pieces in the sidebar - stick to the business portion of the blog.
2. Fast CompanyNot only is Fast Company's blog incredibly visually appealing, it's also mentally appealing. Its creative, compelling articles and case studies are wonderful ways to learn about entrepreneurship, design, technology trends, industry influencers, and so much more.
4. TechCrunchThis fun site is all about tracking startups, new technologies, internet products and, of course, breaking news in the tech and business worlds. TechCrunch is especially valuable to entrepreneurs in the gadget & technology space, or anyone enthusiastic about those topics. They also launch exciting events throughout the year.
5. VentureBeatPriding itself on capturing the latest news in disruptive technology and written by a team of experienced journalists, VentureBeat is a great resource for all things tech. It's particularly good for providing perspective on how the latest industry developments affect your life and business. It doesn't focus on any particular industry, and is great for almost any entrepreneur or small business owner.
LinkedIn's blog is that you can customize it to fit your precise interests. For example, a female entrepreneur interested in marketing and business travel can follow LinkedIn Today's Entrepreneurship & Small Business, Business Travel, Marketing Strategies and Professional Women "channels." You can also choose to follow myriad influencers such as Richard Branson, Mark Cuban and Martha Stewart.
7. Chris BroganChris is another author and writer who holds a high level of expertise in marketing and frequently speaks on social media. Thanks to his very conversational writer's voice and unique opinions, his blog is a delight. He also posts a fair number of selfies.
Duct Tape Marketing blog is no different. Enjoy guest posts from all sorts of business and marketing experts, as well as a big library of free ebooks.
Marketing Profs is an industry leader when it comes to marketing blogs, and their small business section is particularly useful for any entrepreneur. If you're looking for SMB tips, tricks and success strategies, this is the blog for you.
With these 10 resources (plus us!) on your side, keeping up-to-date in the world of business will be a snap. Have other business blogs you follow on a regular basis? Feel free to share them in the comments!