Partnering with Online Businesses to Boost Success
Volusion is an all-in-one ecommerce solution that helps small- and medium-sized businesses build and manage successful online stores.
Who We Are
Our dedicated team of developers, marketers, designers, and technical support experts are passionate about helping merchants operate and grow their online storefronts, whether startup or established. Since our founding in 1999, Volusion has enabled 250,000+ entrepreneurs around the world to build better stores.
A Mission to Accelerate Success
Our core focus is building fast, flexible, and reliable digital commerce. We are committed to providing tools and services that empower SMBs to rapidly and efficiently gain awareness, drive revenue, and manage all aspects of digital commerce. We achieve this by cultivating a team of adaptable, collaborative, effective, founder-focused, humble, and transparent experts who focus on solving for the customer.
Serving Businesses of All Shapes & Sizes
Our customers are a mixture of individuals and organizations with dreams of managing successful online businesses.
storefronts built better with Volusion
orders facilitated by Volusion storefronts
in sales processed for Volusion merchants
Leadership with a Vision for the Future
Our leadership team is composed of talented individuals with diverse backgrounds who provide Volusion with strategic management and guidance.
Chief Executive Officer
Founder & Head of Innovation
Over Two Decades of Learning & Growth
Volusion has been helping businesses sell online for over twenty years. Check out our timeline to learn more about our journey and where we are going as a company.
- FoundingThe company is founded by 16-year-old Kevin Sproles in Simi Valley, California as a small web design agency.
- ecommerce functionalityKevin’s agency launches ecommerce features as “Volusion” and disrupts the market by offering its first free trial.
- Move to TexasVolusion opens its first office in Austin, Texas, where it will eventually relocate its headquarters and consider “home.”
- Growth & ExpansionVolusion experiences exponential growth, gaining thousands of customers and creating hundreds of tech jobs.
- Enterprise SolutionVolusion announces Mozu, a standalone ecommerce platform built specifically to support enterprise customers.
- Series A FundingVolusion raises $55 million through Series A funding via Main Street Capital to accelerate development.
- Enterprise SaleMozu is sold to Kibo Commerce to renew Volusion’s focus on elevating ecommerce experiences for SMBs.
- Platform ExplorationVolusion begins feature innovation work to modernize the platform by piloting new ecommerce solution V2/VOLT.
- Cloud MigrationVolusion becomes the first ecommerce company to be completely hosted in the cloud for optimal uptime.
- Platform refreshVolusion beta tests revolutionary platform upgrades with existing merchants after five years of in-depth research and development.