Configure AvaTax for your business
Our setup wizard walks you through each step of configuring AvaTax, from your company profile to your tax settings. Typical setup includes:
- Assigning and applying tax schedules to your customers
- Selecting calculation settings for various tax types
- Setting up taxability information for products
- Managing nexus settings
- Setting up tax exemption rules and tax-exempt customers
- Configuring more advanced rules
Identify where to collect sales tax (where you have nexus)
A key part of the setup process is designating the states in which you need to collect tax. Not sure? Get a nexus analysis study.
As tax responsibilities (including nexus) expand for your business, it's easy to have AvaTax collect in more places—it only takes a few clicks to update your nexus settings.