Looking to expand your online store to millions of new shoppers? Thanks to our new integration with Amazon, you can do just that. Read on to learn more about this powerful tool, now available for use.
Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines – it’s time to shift your sales into overdrive.
We’re excited to share with you our seamless integration with Amazon, which allows you to easily list and sell your products on the world’s most popular online marketplace. Available to customers on Gold plans and above, this integration is designed to help grow your business while streamlining your operations.
Here’s why you’ll love our new Amazon integration:
- Expand your online presence: When it comes to online shopping, everyone knows Amazon. With millions of shoppers accessing this marketplace each day, listing your products here is a smart way to boost your exposure and drive more sales.
- Avoid setup headaches: This integration is built directly into the Volusion admin, meaning that it’s ready to use when you are. No downloads or plug-ins required – simply get started with this quick and easy integration.
- Save time and effort: Instead of having to log in to multiple sites to manage your orders across channels, you can do it all directly in your Volusion admin. Even more, you can quickly search Amazon’s product catalog, match your store products with Amazon’s, and quickly add new products on Amazon’s existing product information.
- Enjoy seamless inventory management: Nothing is worse than having to keep tabs on inventory across two different channels. With our Amazon integration, you’ll have fully centralized control of all inventory listed between your Volusion store and the Amazon Marketplace.
Let’s take a look at how this all works, shall we?
Connect your Volusion store to Amazon: First things first, you’ll need to have an Amazon Professional Seller account in place to begin selling on Amazon. If you don’t have an existing account yet, contact Amazon directly to get started. Once that’s taken care of, you can then connect your Volusion store with your Amazon seller account. This can be done in your Volusion admin, under Marketing > Sell on Amazon.
Create a product listing: Next up, you’ll need to create a product listing. To create your first one, simply select a product from your Volusion inventory and connect it to an existing Amazon listing, if it exists. In other words, if Amazon already has this product listed on its site, you can add your inventory to the list. On the other hand, if there isn’t a listing for one of your products on Amazon, you can create a new one directly from your Volusion admin. Either way, each item listed on Amazon should only exist once within the Amazon catalog.
Once you create your product listings, the integration works so that Amazon will automatically recognize and populate your product image and description – it really is that easy. All you have to do is add some basic information, like price and quantity, and you’re set.
Before you get started, we highly recommend reading our Knowledge Base article for more specific details on what products can and can’t be listed.
Process orders: Once your listings are approved and placed on Amazon, you’ll want to keep an eye out for any incoming orders. The good news is that you’ll process Amazon orders just like an order that comes from your Volusion store. One big difference, however, is that customer email addresses will be shown with an anonymous @marketplace.amazon.com address (per Amazon’s policy), but you can still reply to these email addresses without issue. We also recommend that you don’t use the Batch Processing feature to process your Amazon orders to help ensure the best results.
A few pieces of advice when selling on Amazon
Selling on Amazon is an exciting opportunity, so make the most of this new tool by following these best practices:
- Only use one Volusion store per Amazon seller account.
- Make sure the currency used in your Amazon account is the same currency used in your Volusion store.
- Always keep an eye on your inventory to ensure you have enough product to fulfill Amazon orders within the amount of shipping time specified on the listing. For example, if you have 2-day shipping listed on Amazon but need to get more inventory to fill that order, you might find yourself in a jam.
- When processing Amazon orders, add the shipping method and tracking number to the order before clicking Complete Order. This helps ensure that this important tracking information is sent back to Amazon.
- Brush up on best practices from Amazon and get to know their selling policies.
- Thoroughly read our Knowledge Base article on Amazon to see how everything works.
We’re confident that this integration provides everything you need to seamlessly and successfully expand your online presence to one of the most important channels in the ecommerce market. We know that there’s more to selling online than just running an online store, and as multi-channel commerce becomes increasingly important to your online business, so does our commitment to providing you with the tools needed to succeed. This integration is designed to just that.
To ensure optimal performance for all merchants, we’ll be rolling out our new Amazon integration in phases this week. Stay tuned to your store admin where we’ll notify you when the Amazon integration is enabled in your store.
Be sure to give this new feature a try – the holiday selling season is right around the corner!