The Super Bowl is right around the corner and as the teams gear up for the big game your business should be doing the same. With just a week left until the most watched sports event in America your business needs to demonstrate some serious clock management. So get up on the line and take the snap now!
Retail stores and online stores selling the following are the ones with the most to gain this upcoming week:
- Sports merchandise
- Snack food
- Beverages (especially beer)
- Food delivery
Sports bars and restaurants are also in a good place to take advantage of the mass consumer spending phenomenon that surrounds the biggest sporting event of the year. Whether you are targeting avid football fans or just a casual spectators studies year after year say there is a lot of money to be made on items related to the game.
Since you do not have any time to lose we will make the game plan brief:
- If you are already doing online advertising ramp it up in anticipation of the Super Bowl.
- Specifically mention “The Big Game” or other similar phrases (Note: The phrase “Super Bowl” is trademarked and can get you in serious legal trouble if you are not licensed to use it, so stay away from that specific wording.)
- Remind consumers they are running out of time to encourage them to purchase
- Use football related images where applicable
- If you do not currently have any online ads running get online as fast as possible and create a highly concentrated short-term campaign.
- Use geographic targeting if you have a small regionally specific business (ex. a deli or sports bar)
-Kate Pierce eCommerce Specialist