Avoid Scams That Use Volusion’s Name and Logo
Online scammers sometimes use the names and logos of established businesses fraudulently to trick individuals into giving them large sums of money.
Official Volusion Business Practices
Volusion is an ecommerce platform that provides online storefronts to business owners. Please note that:
Volusion does not operate under any website URL other than https://www.volusion.com.
- Any other site using our name and logo is doing so fraudulently.
- If you come across any website using “volusion” in the name other than https://www.volusion.com, do not conduct business with them.
Volusion does not have a standalone application (or app) of any kind at this point in time.
- Any app using our name and logo is doing so fraudulently.
- If you are instructed to download and/or use any app with “Volusion” in the name, do not conduct business with them.
Volusion does not conduct business transactions via social media accounts.
- Any individual contacting you via social media (Telegram, WhatsApp, etc.) in an effort to propose a business transaction on behalf of Volusion is doing so fraudulently.
- If you are approached via social media by an individual or account claiming to be a representative or employee of Volusion, do not conduct business with them.
- ONLY conduct business with individuals who use an email address ending in “@volusion.com.”
Volusion does not hire independent contractors to sell services.
- Individuals or accounts contacting you to contract sales of Volusion services are doing so fraudulently.
- If an individual or account contacts you to sell services for Volusion, do not conduct business with them.
Volusion does not accept payment for services via cryptocurrency.
- Websites or apps using Volusion’s name and/or logo and accepting cryptocurrency are doing so fraudulently.
- If you come across any business using Volusion’s name and/or logo and accepting payment via cryptocurrency, do not conduct business with them and report them via the crypto platform in question.
Dealing with Scammers
If you have already conducted business with a company that meets one of the above criteria, here are a few actions you can take to try to reclaim your funds:
- If any transactions you made with the company were done via credit card, file a chargeback or fraud report with your bank.
- If any transactions you made with the company were done via cryptocurrency, report the wallet you deposited the funds in as fraud to the crypto company in question.
- Retain legal counsel.