Online shopping is evolving like never before – and with it, niche platforms that provide shoppers with convenient, fun ways to find what they’re looking for.
One such social network is Wanelo, a “mall on your phone,” which features 30 million products from 550,000 stores. Named from the words Want, Need and Love, Wanelo has been attracting young shoppers by the masses since its launch in 2012. Wanelo offers a wide selection of clothing, home furnishings, makeup products and beauty accessories for shoppers to browse, save and share. When users click on an item, they are taken directly to the place where it’s being sold.
For those of you who might be new to Wanelo and want to get your products featured, we’ve put together some top tips and tricks of the trade to help you post like a pro in no time.
- Customize your store. Match your Wanelo username to your business name, fill out the description fully, link to your website and upload your logo. Each of these components are crucial to distinguishing your profile as a reflection of your actual store.
- Make sure you claim and then verify your store. This will allow you to manage your store’s profile on Wanelo and post products.
- Post, post and post some more! Get your products out there. You can categorize them into collections – however you choose – to keep things organized, whether by style, season or color.
- Once you’ve got some good products posted, start creating “Stories.” A Wanelo Story is a great way to showcase up to 9 specific products packaged together, such as an outfit or a home décor combination, to project a voice for your brand. These are also sharable across Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
- Follow other Wanelo users and stores you like! Engaging with others will help your own store gain more followers and attention.
- Comment on your products using #hashtags to make them more searchable. Just don’t overdo it, as Wanelo will crack down on hashtag spam.
- Prime activity time on Wanelo is after 5pm, so the more you do during those hours, the more shoppers will see it.