Running an ecommerce business requires time and dedication. And once you've built your store, you'll need to develop an effective marketing strategy. After all, the ultimate goal is to engage your audience so that they get excited about what it is you offer, and then become loyal customers, right?
If you're looking for actionable advice that will help you better organize your team and more efficiently deliver products that truly resonate with your customer base, then Pragmatic Marketing is for you.
What Is Pragmatic Marketing?
Simply put, Pragmatic Marketing is a framework that offers a standardized way to communicate across your organization. A tried and tested method, Pragmatic Marketing has been delivering actionable training for marketing and product management teams for over twenty years.
Pragmatic Marketing has been delivering actionable training for marketing and product management teams for over twenty years.
By offering a curriculum that allows teams to effectively create, manage and sell products, they are able to develop products that people actually want to buy. The end result? A more profitable, scalable business.
By achieving greater focus and clarity throughout the product development and marketing process, you can take your current strategies and business to new heights.
Applying This Framework to Your Ecommerce Business
The Pragmatic Marketing framework offers a standardized language for your entire team. By utilizing its blueprint, you'll become aware of the key activities required to bring profitable, successful products to the marketplace.
Pragmatic Marketing is a proven model that helps your business reach key milestones.
Pragmatic Marketing is a proven model that can help your business reach key milestones. You can see the associated concepts and activities related to Pragmatic Marketing here.
By implementing Pragmatic Marketing strategies, you'll be able to create a more dynamic marketing channel that will continue to serve your evolving business into the future. In turn, you'll be channeling your more precious resources in a way that is both strategic and profitable.
This approach will help you develop a much clearer vision for your business, based on the products you currently offer — or plan to offer in the future.
Follow These Steps to Develop a More Effective Approach
There are a number of steps you can implement if you want to start Pragmatic Marketing ASAP. This approach will help you better understand which products and market to focus your attention on. The general idea is to work towards what are known as resonators, which are essentially the products that sell themselves.
Only around 10 percent of products become resonators.
Although this approach seems simple enough, only around 10 percent of products become resonators.
Well, because most companies are building their product line from the inside-out, instead of from the outside-in. Meaning, the majority of products are developed as a result of guessing.
It's time to take the guesswork out of your ecommerce business and focus on the following steps:
Step one: Find unresolved problems
- At this point, you'll want to interview your market of potential customers. Ask them two questions: What's the greatest challenge they've faced within the last month, and what is their greatest priority? Probe deep, tuning in to the greatest unresolved issues. You want to listen here, not sell.
Step two: Understand who your target buyer is
- This is what's known as your buyer persona. To begin, create a short biography of your typical customer. What is their background, what do they do for fun, and how are they currently dealing with their most common problems?
Step three: Determine whether or not your idea will be a winner
- You no longer need to rely on luck or chance to get your business up and running. The key here is to quantify the impact of your idea. Is it solving an urgent problem? Are there enough buyers, and if so, how much are they willing to pay?
- Get this information by asking your potential customers, before utilizing public information, research reports, surveys or even telemarketers. At this point, you should also start crafting up your business proposal so that you can begin to dissect your idea even further.
Step four: Develop a competitive advantage by creating a flawless experience
- From your product's ease-of-use to its packaging, you need to better understand the total product experience. Be sure to listen carefully and use each and every bit of feedback to your advantage. After all, your business as a whole will continuously evolve.
Step five: Establish concepts that truly speak to your buyers
- If you can't articulate why your product is so great, you may quickly miss the mark. Once again, this should relate back to your buyer's problem. Speak clearly so that your buyer "gets it" immediately after learning what it is you offer.
Step six: Establish connections that are authentic
- Authenticity wins every time. So "live" in your buyer's world, creating deep connections — and ensure that your company offers a consistent message across the board.
The Bottom line: In order to scale your ecommerce business, you will need to remain focused on market data. In turn, that data will drive productive, profitable strategies. Whether you begin with a product roadmap or your latest distribution strategy, you need to build these foundations into your unique ecommerce business.
Pragmatic Marketing can help you focus on what matters most — creating products that sell, supporting the growth of your business.
Have any questions about pragmatic marketing? Ask them in the comments!