If you're looking for a new postage system for your small business, you're in luck: there are several options to help you find reasonably-priced postage and services that will meet your customers' needs. Because a shift in customer demand means more consumers are looking for overnight shipping, two-day shipping and free shipping, we'll talk about the Top 5 companies that can help small businesses with their postage system, domestic and international shipping, packing supplies, printing labels and postage meters.
The Top 5 Best Postage Systems for Small Businesses in 2019
- Pitney Bowes
- Data-Pac Mailing Systems
- FP Mailing Solutions
1. Best Postal Service for Small Businesses: Pitney Bowes
One of the reasons small businesses love Pitney Bowes is they offer postage meters, shipping software and provide hardware solutions to help with shipping items whether it's through FedEx, UPS or the US post office.
Why Choose Pitney Bowes?
Pitney Bowes has several options for shipping packages including:
- Monitors and touch screens for small- and large-scale shipping
- Businesses that use Pitney Bowes will be able to process mail quickly and efficiently with streamlined software, postage meters and folding machines.
- Pitney Bowes can also help with businesses that work with multiple carriers and need to accurately weigh packages of varying lengths, heights and weights
- Tracking is optimized to work with UPS, USPS and FedEx and features allow for small businesses to send notifications to their customers about package delivery updates
- Pitney Bowes customers can save about 3 cents on each letter that's sent, and accounts run about $36.66 per month.
2. Best customer service: Stamps.com
When using Stamps.com, small businesses can benefit from a $5 credit in free postage for trying their service for four weeks. With easy one-click options, you can buy postage online and print labels, invoices, letters or envelopes.
Why Choose Stamps.com?
When you open a Stamps.com account, you get 24/7 access to postal services to help you ship packages and letters around the clock from your home or office computer. You'll also receive a free postal scale that comes with each new account.
- When printing postage online, Stamps.com has available postage meters that allow you to print postage, and you can print automated labels for certified mail
- Get discounts that might be higher than at the post office
- Avoid standing in line to send packages
- Use the helpful software features that integrate with Word and Intuit QuickBooks
- Receive live help when you need it
Stamps.com & Volusion Partnership
On top of everything we just mentioned, it's now easier than ever to use Stamps.com with Volusion. Through our partnership with ShipEngine and Stamps.com, the Instant Postage feature allows small business owners to save time and money by buying and printing USPS shipping labels right from their Volusion dashboard. Here are just some of the advantages of using the Instant Postage feature:
- Seamless workflow: Shipping destination, address and product weight are all automatically populated from the order details.
- On-Demand shipping rates: Quickly and easily get USPS rates to make sure the best service option is always available.
- Shipping Discounts: Save up to 40 percent on USPS postage!
- Real time tracking: Offer online shoppers real-time shipment tracking information
- The monthly fee for a Stamps.com account is $15.99 and it can be canceled anytime. Shipping discounts include three cents off letter postage.
3. Best Hardware: Data-Pac Mailing Systems
With Data-Pac, businesses are able to use software and hardware solutions and access postage meters to help with their shipping needs.
Why use Data-Pac?
Data-Pac has been helping businesses with accounting and tracking for over 35 years. They have about 12 different systems to select from, with easy-to-use touch screens for shipping. Data-Pac can help with startups or larger businesses that work with multiple carriers.
Contact them directly for shipping discounts and pricing details.
4.Most customizable: FP Mailing Solutions
If you have a lot of business and want an all-in-one system, try FB Mailing Solutions. With more than 1,000 employees and a dedicated customer service team, they provide innovative and simple solutions for businesses that want faster mailing options.
Why choose FP Mailing Solutons?
FP Mailing Solutions offers a host of customized options for small businesses that can simplify how you ship packages. Their small business series is designed to help meet the shipping demands of growing businesses, and they offer an office series and enterprise series with products to help scale your organization.
Available products include:
- Numerous postage meters for small businesses
- The streamlined touchscreen systems
- Folder inserters
- Software, label makers, stampers and postage meters
- Contact them directly for pricing information.
5.Best for medium-sized businesses: Formax
For businesses that process a lot of mail, Formax offers postage meters, folders and software tools. They're well-known for their high-volume pressure sealers, cutters, bursters, envelope openers and folders, which can help if you're sending mailers out.
Why use Formax products?
Formax has several ways to help businesses, especially if you're shipping a lot of documents or invoices to customers:
- They offer full-bleed digital color printing solutions
- Hardware equipment can process thousands of letters, including those with DVD inserts and catalogs
- They have helpful solutions for creating folds in newsletters, marketing documents and bulletins
- Contact Formax directly for pricing details.
Best postage meters for small businesses
Your small business will be using your postage meter dozens (or hundreds) of times each day, so it's important to get the best one. Mislabeled or incorrect postage will result in returned or lost packages, which translates into lost money and lost customers. We've put 5 of the most commonly-used postage meters to the test to determine which postage meter is the best for small businesses.
- Best all-around postage meter: Pitney Bowes Mailstation 2
- Best high-volume postage meter: Pitney Bowes DM225
- Best value: Haslwer WJ20
- Best for small offices: FP Postbase Mini
- Easiest to use: NeoPost IS-280
The right postage system can save your small business a lot of money
With so many postage systems available that include shipping software and hardware options, shop around for the right system for you. Keep in mind that some companies offer bulk discounts based on volume, while others may offer special discounts on leasing equipment to help small businesses with their various shipping needs. Choosing the right shipping provider can save your small business money on every single package you ship, which can add up to significant savings in the long run.
Have any questions about shipping systems? Leave us a comment!