I like to think of myself as a technology-savvy Millenial. I have the Twitter and the Facebook and the Instagram and pretty much any other social media account you need to be a functioning member of today's society. (I kid. Kind of.) But there's one corner of the Internet I have yet to master: eBay.
Sure, I've sold things on the auction site, but that doesn't mean I've enjoyed the process. Every time I go to list an item, it feels like there are a million loopholes. How can I better customize my listing? How the heck do I talk to a real person in customer support? How much exactly does it cost to sell on eBay? It's a massive headache; in fact, two years ago I tried to start up a vintage clothing business on eBay, but took my shop to other avenues because the process was so complicated...and unexpectedly pricey.
The financial aspect of selling on eBay was particularly worrisome to me. Hidden fees seemed to pop out of the woodwork, and I often wondered if the money I lost was worth the effort of listing an item. eBay, of course, has no straight answers about their fees. On the Selling Fees page, they simply state that seller fees are "the basic cost of selling an item is the insertion fee plus the final value fee, plus fees for any optional features and services you may use." Yeah, that's not particularly helpful.
If only I had known about Volusion two years ago. With their eBay integration, I could have sold on my own storefront and on eBay, minus the pesky fees. In fact, Volusion has no transaction or listing fees, ever. So even when you use Volusion to sell on eBay, you keep 100% of the profits. Pretty nifty (and thrifty), huh?
Volusion also lets you sell on other sites like Amazon and Etsy, all without leaving the comfort of your dashboard. Here are some other reasons why selling with Volusion is pretty great:
- All-in-one ecommerce software. Enjoy website hosting, a custom shopping cart, order processing and fulfillment. Volusion takes care of all the ecommerce details so you can focus on selling your products.
- Build a business you'll be proud to call your own. It's your domain, your brand, your legacy. Your store is something you'll be proud to develop and look forward to growing.
- The eBay marketplace is limited to...well...eBay. With Volusion you get social tools, SEO support, email marketing and more to further your brand reach across the web, thus increasing your opportunity to earn more sales.
- Free 24/7 support from real people at Volusion. Think anyone at eBay is going to readily help you out? (Answer: nah.) In fact, eBay is shedding their enterprise business, so getting store assistance is about to become even more difficult.
- Did we mention you can still sell on eBay? Heck, why not sell on Amazon too? There's a Volusion integration for that.
See? Integrating eBay with your Volusion dashboard is simple and affordable, whether you're a business owner affected by the eBay Enterprise shutdown or just opening a new online store. Learn more about how to sell on eBay with Volusion. Enjoy the best of both worlds with our all-in-one ecommerce platform, and leave the eBay hassles behind. Have a mid-market business? We've got that covered too. For a multi-tenant SaaS solution, check out Mozu’s enterprise ecommerce solution.