November 14, 2013
The Volusion Platform (V13) Enhancements
Enhanced Mobile Commerce
Enhanced Mobile Commerce is here! Help shoppers buy from you anytime, anywhere by delivering a completely mobile-optimized experience, from browsing all the way to checkout.
In addition to the entirely new checkout process, Mobile Storefront 2nd Edition includes the following new features:
- Your store logo as well as 'Home' and 'Cart' icons are in the header on all product and category pages so shoppers can more easily navigate your store
- There are direct links to category and product pages enabling quick access to more information
- Product images on product pages are now larger and clearer for your shoppers
To Enable Mobile Commerce:
- Go the Design > Mobile in your Admin Area and turn ON both the new Mobile Storefront (2nd Edition) and the new Mobile Checkout (If you are based in the US, accept at least one of the 4 major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express), and already have 'mCommerce' enabled, you will automatically have the new Mobile Checkout turned ON. All others must turn ON Mobile Checkout by visiting Design > Mobile.)
Items to Note:
- One of the Mobile Storefront themes must be turned ON in order for Mobile Checkout to work in your store.
- At this time, Volusion's mobile checkout accepts the four major credit cards: Mastercard, Visa, Discover, and American Express.
- Note that if outside the US, storefront prices must include VAT/GST amount (VAT must be disabled at Settings > Tax).
- If you have customized your current mobile storefront (Mobile Storefront Original), please note that customizations will be lost when transitioning to the new Mobile Storefront 2nd Edition. You may want to wait until you are able to update the CSS on your Mobile Storefront 2nd Edition before transitioning. To learn more about customizing both the mobile storefront and mobile checkout, see our knowledge base article here.
New Storefront Page Editor
Quickly and easily make updates to your storefront with Volusion’s new storefront editor. This editor provides intuitive editing tools for your page images and text as well as articles and your header and footer links.
About the new Storefront Editor:
- Remember to select ‘Enable On-Page Editing’ on your storefront
- All of the individual buttons on the new Editor have on-hover text to explain what they can be used for.
- Note that clicking out of an editable Page Text or Header/Footer field will Save the edited content and the ESC key on your keyboard will abandon any changes.
For full details, see out knowledge base article here.