Announcing a Fresh New Batch of Premium Templates!

Step into Spring with a fresh look for your online store! We’ve whipped up a brand new batch of premium templates. Here are some of our favorites.

Spring is a time for new beginnings, and what better way to start fresh than with a fresh design for your Volusion store? These just-hatched premium templates are sure to delight loyal buyers and dazzle potential new customers.

Check out some of our favorites:

Stevenson

Peony

Peony

Grid

Grid

Spokes

Spokes

30 Responses to “Announcing a Fresh New Batch of Premium Templates!”

1. Mike

I agree with everyone else here, the templates are SO MUCH MORE expensive here, everyone else has them at a fraction of the price.

2. Dan

How about a page like this one – so we can interact or exchange dialog with our customers!

3. Simone

I’m selling coffee online…and I don’t see any template can fit in it.

4. shawn

Hello I have a free template. I also think a lot more people would purchase a “paid” template if the prices were more reasonable. but if you have a free template you need to learn html my website is free template but you cant tell because I done so much and I did not paid nothing also volusion will help you out little bit but you need to learn the code I will never give volusion money to update my website or buy a paid template just viste (www.TheHotSpotRus.com) I done all the work and I’m not done

5. Sharon

I wish you had a free template that has a fence type background or maybe even the side of a barn ( brown, Not red) Kind of like the FARMERS MARKET template but Free!!

6. Grace

i also agree, all “paid” templates should come with the mobile feature.
    I also think that all customers (longer then 6 months) should be able to receive some sort of discount package for the “paid” templates.

7. Jeff

I agree with a few points here. I think a lot more people would purchase a “paid” template if the prices were more reasonable. Also, image sliders should be available in most templates, especially if they cost money.

8. Annette Taylor-Anderson

I’m currently using free templates from Volusion, but I’m looking for a free template that can allow the main image on my home page have a transition effect to my main images, especially if I’m promoting more than one product.
    Is there such a template without having to pay one of your designers to create this?

• Bryce

Annette- Transition effect would be done by custom coding the pictures in, I ended up having to do that with my free template.

• Annette Taylor-Anderson

Thanks Bryce, I’m currently looking into this, can you recommend anything?

• Sharon

Annette- I ended up using a outsourced slideshow called kizoa. It is a free account of you only want basic things. I’m not sure of the monthly if you want premium but I use the free version. I simply create the slideshow email it to myself and then cut and paste the html code into the site content of my homepage. Mind you Im no expert or genius at the computer but I sure have learned alot since having my site. If you want to see my site to see what I have done it is thebayberryhorse.com

9. Jo

I recently purchased a premium template and it was installed within 24 hours. Volusion was very fast with the email replies which dramatically decreased the amount of time I waited for my new template to be installed. Very happy with my template and the service but I would agree, a little discount on future purchases would be nice 🙂

10. Peter

This is a perfect example of why we’ll using a different platform for our next e-commerce site launch.

Volusion is way too preoccupied with up-selling existing customers on products that should be included with the monthly subscription. A better approach would be to focus on helping existing customers gain an advantage within the marketplace over competitors whose sites are powered by other platforms rather than trying to milk us for every dime we’re worth.

On that note, maybe it’s time to start paying attention to what the sales reps are promising us over the phone. That way, at least Volusion will be familiar with the expectations going in based upon what was promised by those paid to sell the software/hosting platform.

11. Anthony Davis

I think Volusion is a great eCommerce hosting company with fantastic customer service.
    One thing I’m confused about, however, is the price of these premium templates. I can’t figure out what makes them so expensive to create. I realize how complex and labor intensive a fully functional eCommerce website would be if I tried to do it myself, and so I have no problem paying Volusion $125/month -or- $1,500/year to do it for me. But if we’re talking strictly about templates I fail to see any justification for charging customers an extra thousand dollars for a new look.
    Here’s why:
    It’s not like the designer typed out HTML or CSS code line by line to create the template. Years ago he may have but now days you can simply use one of many software programs available today, like Dreamweaver or Easy Website Builder for example, that allows you to easily drag and drop images, text boxes, colors and shapes; add pages; link the pages together and so on making it incredibly easy to create a beautiful template without writing a single line of code.
    To test this theory out I just now spent about two hours re-creating the template above called “Spokes” (the one that says “The Bike Factory”) using photoshop and dreamweaver. Mine looks very similar to the one above. I will admit it was labor intensive and a pain in the butt to do. I will also admit that I’ve done this sort of thing before and not everyone could do what I just did, BUT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD – I WOULD NEVER DREAM OF CHARGING ANYONE $800 or $1000 FOR IT, especially if I was already charging them $1,500 a year for a website. More like 20 or 30 bucks at most.
    Reply. And I realize there’s an element of creativity involved but come on…a thousand bucks?
    It’s kinda like if you were having a yard sale and I charged you $1000 to create a flyer in Microsoft Word or something(not the best analogy but you get the point.)

12. Michael

Are there going to be any templates in your email section?-give some other companies that specialize in email solutions/campaigns a run for their money.. It would be great to use this as a selling tool right from Volusion-be great to show off products and newsletters this way

13. Bill Brewer

I have been looking for one of the template that can handle 3 boxes for one product. It will need to accept different sizes and weights for figuring the shipping cost.

14. James Robertson

When you get to 50% discount I might be interested – until then I’m not paying that much money for a non exclusive template

• Gracelyn Tan

If a 50% discount comes out, you’ll hear about it for sure. 🙂 Thanks for your feedback!

• James Robertson

Thanks – there was one last year but this years is only 25%. If you do get a 50% offer then contact me

15. Drew

These are very nice, but $700 for a stock / non exclusive template is still almost 10 times the industry/competitors average. I agree we haven’t seen a new free template in almost 2 years.

• Emily Teachout

Hi Drew,
      I agree that templates can be an investment, but keep in mind not all of our designs are in the $700 range – we have paid templates for as little as $195. Paid templates are a much more cost-effective option than springing for a custom design, and of course we have our extensive base of free templates as well (which has been updated multiple times in the past few years). We try to have something for everyone!

Thank you for your feedback!

16. Matt

Yes, I would like to know the same thing that Dawn has asked. I have not seen any new free ones in a year. Very disappointing. You guys need to work on other things as well. There have been several times I have wanted to add or do something new to my website that other webhost provide free of charge and I always get the same answer from your company. “We do not offer that” or “That is an extra charge.” You need to step it up.

17. us

Interesting but we’ve heard that the length of time and frustrating back and forth with design staff to customize really doesn’t make it worthwhile. Why don’t all templates come with mobile?

18. SALLY

It would be nice to have some free features like simple flash (like what Wix.com has)

19. Michele

There were very few that catered to my product. I would like to see more templates that have a softer feel to them, softer colors, more pinks and purples. Cosmetic oriented. Most of the templates are so dark in color and content. Too much gray.

20. Dawn

We were told that new free templates were added every month… I have not seen new ones in a very long time. Where are they?

• Emily Teachout

Hi Dawn,
      We unfortunately can’t regularly release new free and paid templates every month – our releases always depend on our developers’ and designers’ schedules. We have released multiple free templates in the past years. Our latest, Retro, was just released last month: http://ecommerce-templates.volusion.com/502/retro?category=6&price=0.0000
      Thanks for your patience as we go through the process of creating new designs for you!