Recently, we showed you how to find a product for your ecommerce store. For the more seasoned merchants out there, this post will detail tips, tricks, and tactics to help you take your Volusion ecommerce store to the next level—Amazon.
Two-thirds of all online product searches start on Amazon
You’ve probably shopped on Amazon before. With 59% of U.S. households being Amazon Prime members, it’s no surprise that two out of three U.S. shoppers start their product search on Amazon.
Yet according to a 2019 Feedvisor study, only about 20% of U.S. shoppers searched on Google or other search engines. Additionally, nearly 90% of Amazon's product views come from the company's own product search and not from advertising, merchandising, or product aggregators.
Needless to say, ecommerce is booming—and Amazon is on top.
Considering selling on Amazon? Here’s why you should.
One of the fastest and easiest ways to expand your ecommerce brand is through Amazon. Not only does Amazon offer you access to one of the largest and most loyal customer bases in the world, they also offer a number of amazing benefits to make selling online easier for you.
Amazon’s fulfillment network, Fulfillment-by-Amazon (FBA) allows you to submit your product inventory to their fulfillment centers. Once there, Amazon picks, packs, and ships those products on your behalf. Sounds great right?
Let’s break it down:
First, you send Amazon your products and they store it in one or more of their million-acre fulfillment centers. The fulfillment centers are massive warehouses run by robots and hardworking Amazon employees.
Then, your products are inventoried and sorted. When a customer places an order on Amazon for your product, Amazon handles the transaction for you automatically.
Next, your product is picked from its place on Amazon’s warehouse shelves, packed into a box, and shipped to the customer on your behalf.
Amazon Customer Service
After your product arrives to the customer, Amazon follows up with the customer to make sure everything is okay with the order. If a return needs to be made, Amazon automatically takes care of that, too.
Plus, when Amazon fulfills your products for you, they handle any customer service issues that might arise in the transaction. That way, you can focus on expanding your brand.
Higher Conversion Rates
Amazon is a household name that has carved its place in the market since the 1990s. Customers trust Amazon. Consumers convert at a rate of 13% on Amazon.com, nearly four times as high as the Top 500 merchant's average conversion rate of 3.32%. Compared to the typical conversion most ecommerce sellers are used to, Amazon can be a game changer for your business.
Using Amazon’s information to your competitive advantage
Even if you are not yet ready to start selling on Amazon, their data can be incredibly valuable to your business. What would you do if you could accurately predict the demand and profitability of a new product you are considering selling? Find new suppliers to manufacture better products? Discover thousands of keywords and products related to the items you are already selling on your Volusion store?
Thanks to Amazon’s data and tools like Jungle Scout, you can do just that and more.
How Jungle Scout can help
There are three Amazon pages that will help start your search by finding new and best selling products in the market. Check them out here:
- Amazon Best Sellers: Learn what the top 100 best-selling products on Amazon are.
- Amazon Movers & Shakers: See which products are moving up the ranks the fastest, helping you identify products by category that could be perfect to sell on your store.
- Amazon Hot New Releases: See insights into products recently added to Amazon that are flying off the shelves.
Greg also demonstrated Jungle Scout’s two powerful tools that can help you grow your online business in multiple ways. Let’s dive in a little bit more:
Jungle Scout’s Extension
The Jungle Scout Extension works hand-in-hand with Amazon, giving you real-time data on products you’re interested in. Embedded in your Chrome browser with one click, Extension populates based on the product page or search results page you’re browsing. You have access to sales estimates, competitive data, and profit projections in real-time. You can:
- Determine if a product idea is a worthwhile investment with comprehensive sales data—the estimated number of monthly sales a product has on Amazon
- Validate or eliminate any product idea with Extension’s Opportunity Score, which combines demand, competition, and listing quality data to determine a product’s potential for success
- View seasonal trends using both Amazon trend data and Google Trend Analysis
Jungle Scout (Web-Based Tool)
The web-based version of Jungle Scout comes with a variety of tools that can help you take your Volusion business to the next level. Jungle Scout houses an idea-finding engine with the power to filter Amazon’s entire product catalog in seconds. You can also:
- Explore new product ideas and validate existing ones with just a few clicks, finding the best opportunities and avoiding costly mistakes
- Filter products across multiple categories by demand, price, estimated sales, rating, seasonality, dimensions, and more
- Find new keywords using customer search trends to build better product listings, increase brand exposure, and drive extra sales
- Instantly access our Supplier Database of established factories with a proven history of manufacturing products like yours, and see their top customers and verified shipping records from all over the world.
Ready to learn more?
Hopefully, this guide and video helped introduce you to the value of Amazon data and the opportunity to expand your ecommerce business to their platform. If you want to learn more and take your ecommerce business to the next level, be sure to check out Jungle Scout's guide on How to Sell on Amazon.
In addition, Jungle Scout supports its users with Academy, a robust library of educational content and resources to help get you started selling, and then scale your growth.
Lastly, be sure to claim your exclusive offer and save 50% on Jungle Scout as a Volusion customer!