- Grow the site's organic search engine traffic to www.runnersedgeny.com
- Increase the volume of organic traffic to the site from relevant, targeted keywords
- Understand the site's performance in the search engines and what improvements are needed to take results to the next level
- Drive qualified traffic to the site through optimized shopping feeds
- Generate revenue through traffic
- Total organic traffic on the Runner's Edge site was 41% higher than before
- Organic traffic from Google had increased 57.9 percent
- Nearly 100 keywords had been implemented into the site, giving each page more relevant content
- 4,500 visits to the site directly from shopping feeds
- Over $13k in sales from the shopping feeds
Avid runners Sue and Bob Cook opened their brick and mortar store, Runner's Edge, in 1990 to provide Long Island residents with running opportunities, multi-sport events, training and all the gear an athlete would need. Since then, they have outgrown two locations and in 2006 opened an online store.
When Runner's Edge opened their first online store, it was powered by a different ecommerce platform. The Cooks had to rely on one person to design and maintain their site and it was hard to easily make changes. They also started to grow stale online, their sales took a nosedive and they felt like their site was dead.
The Cooks wanted to feel more independent to make changes to their store and they needed to quickly revive their sales. That's when Runner's Edge moved to Volusion. "Volusion makes it easy to have an ecommerce site and the support team is the best!" Sue said.
The Challenge and Lack of Exposure:
As the store started to come back alive, the Cooks knew they had to get on the ball with their SEO. They wanted to get more traffic and boost their organic rank for keywords related to their products and services. Sue felt like this was something better left to the professionals who read, train and study the art of SEO. The website lacked content that would signal to the search engines what each page is about.
After attending an informative webinar on SEO, Runner's Edge reached out to Volusion and started working with the SEO team on the
Taking SEO to the Next Level
After seeing the positive results of the Starter SEO, the Cooks made the decision to take their SEO to the next level. They moved into the Advanced SEO package and started to see the incredible results from having a blog, shopping feeds and directory submissions that worked together with their on-page optimization. The results from that service have been extremely positive and they love that the Volusion team provides detailed reporting on their site statistics.
After five months of working with the SEO team, the total organic traffic on the Runner's Edge site was 41 percent higher than before the project was launched, and organic traffic from Google had increased 57.9 percent. Nearly 100 keywords had been implemented into the site, giving each page more relevant content and ensuring it was optimized for highly searched keywords.
In addition to the Advanced SEO service, the Cooks decided to have Volusion professionally manage other shopping feeds with the Shopping Feed Management service and the results from that have been astounding. In the three months they have been using the additional shopping feeds, the site has received 4,469 visits that have converted to over $13,000 in sales. The combination of Volusion's SEO efforts has made a huge difference for Runner's Edge and the Cooks couldn't be happier with the results.